2018 ENCORE CHAMBER MUSIC PROGRAMS
ENCORE Chamber Music embodies two programs--String Quartet Intensive and Summer Academy for exceptionally gifted young performers. Students who apply for both programs will receive priority in the scholarship selection process (must attend both programs if granted with scholarship).
STRING QUARTET INTENSIVE (JUNE 4 - JUNE 24)
The String Quartet Intensive is a program designed for pre-formed string quartets and individuals who are committed to the art of string quartet performance. This three-week program is for thirty-two exceptionally gifted young artists ages 16-26.
- Daily 90-minute coaching with the Cavani String Quartet (Program Director); Monday thru Friday
- Masterclasses and performances by renowned guest artists
- Interpretation classes
- Outreach and formal performance opportunities
- Interactive seminars on chamber music performance: “The Art of Collaboration”, performance preparation, body works, etc.
- One designated rehearsal space per group
- Beautiful campus and performance space at Gilmour Academy, Gates Mills
Tuition: $2,400 per person (merit-based scholarship and work-study scholarship available); includes room and board
ENCORE STRING QUARTET fellowSHIP
The ENCORE String Quartet Fellowship is intended for one exceptional pre-formed string quartet that is committed to pursuing a professional concert/teaching career. The fellowship recipient group must be above the average age of 18.
- Full tuition scholarship (includes room and board)
- One full recital at ENCORE Chamber Music
- Up to $2,000 travel stipend
- Collaboration with artists of ENCORE Chamber Music
- Daily coaching with the Cavani String Quartet
- Masterclasses with guest artists of ENCORE Chamber Music
- Outreach recitals at semi-formal performance venues in Cleveland area
SUMMER ACADEMY FOR STRINGS (JUNE 26 - JULY 16)
The Summer Academy is for young solo violinists, violists, and cellists between ages 13-23. The Summer Academy is designed for string players who want a challenging and thought-provoking learning experience, and is recommended for students preparing for college auditions, competitions, and/or concerts. The program takes place at the Cleveland Institute of Music, and invites students who want to practice intensively, improve technique and artistic communication, and perform.
The program includes:
- Daily 60-minute private lesson with faculty or associate faculty; Monday thru Thursday (10 lessons in total)
- Daily 30-minute practice help with associate faculty upon request
- Daily 30-minute coaching with a collaborative pianist (only applicable with appropriate repertoire) upon request
- Masterclasses with world-renowned guest artists
- Performance classes with faculty
- Two all-standing ensemble concerts with faculty
- Outreach and formal performance opportunities for every student!
- Ground-breaking concert series by ENCORE Chamber Music artists
- Practice Seminar/Technique class: how to practice scales and etudes, time management, effective practicing strategies, body works, stretching technique, etc.
- Career Development Class: Stage presence, competition and college audition strategies, orchestral excerpts, entrepreneurship, etc.
- A guided tour of Cleveland Institute of Music
- Limited outdoor activities for younger students
Tuition: $3,050 (need-based scholarship and work-study scholarship available); includes room and board.